Pages

Sunday, December 26, 2010

Editing Temple

I'm going to start editing my NaNoWriMo novel. It's called "The Temple of the Red Velvet Jesus". It's about a boy who discovers something shocking about himself, something that threatens to destroy his entire life. It's a comedy.

I've tried (not very hard) to fix whatever happened to the template. I don't care enough at this point to make sure it's working perfectly. So much for perfectionism.

In an attempt to actually get my NaNo edited. I've given myself a deadline. I will have the second draft done by 31 January. It's really soon, but necessary. I'd been trying to write this novel for years and wasn't able to do so. I signed up for NaNoWriMo and finished it in 30 days. Hmm...

Anyway, to recap:

2nd draft to be done by 31 January 2011

I want to be able to use that Create Space offer and get a free proof copy. I want to hold my book in my hands. And as a quasi-graphic design student, I'm designing my own cover. I'll post it: a) when I figure out how, and b) when I actually get around to doing it.

This second draft isn't going to be perfect, as my 1st draft barely made sense, but it's serving to make it readable to others, although at this stage no one will be reading it.

No comments:

Post a Comment