Pages

Saturday, September 25, 2010

Maybe I Am Cuckoo Bananas? AKA: When the Internet is Trying to Tell You Something

As I sit here at 2:50 a.m., I can’t stop thinking about my personality disorders as were diagnosed in the previous post, and my recently online diagnosed bipolar disorder, cyclothymia, and SAD. Hmm… I started thinking, to myself of course, maybe I am a total nutso-psycho.

Maybe I’m not crazy, the internet isn’t always trustworthy. Other than my extreme irrational shyness, overt cynicism, hypercritical sentiments, and all-around unauthorized bitchiness, I’m completely normal.

Well, I’m not quite happy being a nutso-psycho, so I’m going to try to fix myself, the way the internet would want me to. I need to do this the most ill-advised way I can think of. Can you say Wikipedia???

I’ll have to look up what these diseases are, however.

This whole random obsessing point started when I was reading Martina Navratilova’s book Shape Your Self. She wrote about how girls who play sports have higher self-esteem and are:

Less likely to smoke, use illicit drugs, be sexually active, or suffer depression. Also, they are much less likely to be in abusive relationships. They excel in school, often being selected for honors courses and going on to college.

Well, I managed live up to most of those standards without sports, except for the high self-esteem, depression, excelling in school, and honors courses (for some classes at least). But I really would like to try being happy, and I always have liked to play tennis, not watch because it’s so ridiculously boring.

So who knows, maybe when I wake up tomorrow, if I’m not too depressed and wallowing in my own self-loathing, I’ll go outside and play tennis.

Here are my questions:
1)What makes you happy?
2)What occupies your mind and 3 a.m.?

Leave a comment, but I warn you my schizotypal personality disorder will only cause me to respond with a nasty, sarcastic comment. See?

No comments:

Post a Comment